TheTestMart Inc. as The Test Mart its subsidiaries and affiliates, (“The Test Mart”, “we” or “us”) welcomes you (the “User(s)”, or “you”) to our site at https://www.thetestmart.com/ (the “Site”). We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We aim to be as open and transparent as possible around the information we collect when you visit and use our Site, including through the use of “Cookies”.
1. Table of Content.
- What are cookies?
- How long will Cookies stay on my device?
- First and third party Cookies
- Do we track whether users open our emails?
- What sort of Cookies does our website use?
- Can a User block Cookies?
- Opting out of performance Cookies
- Opting out of target advertising Cookies
- Have any Questions?
Note to our Users in the EU:
3. What are cookies?
4. How long will Cookies stay on my device?
5. First and third party Cookies
First-party Cookies are Cookies that belong to us and that we place on your device. Third-party Cookies are Cookies that another party, which provides us a service, places on your device through your use of our Site. For example, to administer our Site and for research purposes, we have contracted third-party service providers to track and analyze statistical usage and volume information from our Users. Third-party Cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet.
6. Do we track whether users open our emails?
Our emails may contain a single “web beacon pixel” which enables us to verify whether our emails (and any links or advertisements within the email) are opened. We may use this information to determine whether our emails are of interest to Users, to approach Users who do not open our emails and verify whether they wish to continue receiving them and to inform our advertisers in aggregate of the audience size for their advertisements. Please note that such “web beacon pixel” will be deleted once you delete the email from your email account. If you do not wish the “web beacon pixel” to be downloaded to your device at all, please set your email account settings to receive emails from us in plain text rather than HTML.
7. What sort of Cookies do our Site use?
Generally, our Cookies perform the following functions:
- Essential Cookies – those Cookies are essential to navigate around the Site and use its features. For example, they allow us to remember your Cookie preferences and to verify if something is not working properly, so we can fix it quickly.
- Analytical and Performance Cookies – those Cookies are used to analyze how our Users use our Site and to monitor the Site’ performance. For example, we might use performance Cookies to keep track of which pages are frequently visited and from what locations our Users come from. We might also use these Cookies to highlight Site services that we think will be of interest to you based on your usage of the Site. We generally use third party Cookies to perform these services, for example, Google Analytics and Segment.
Below are certain specific Cookies you can find on our Site:
|Quora||Third party Advertising (targeting) Cookies||Cookies set by Quora to provide interest-based advertisements on Quora. Policy.|
|Mixpanel||Third party Tracking Technology||Performance cookie, Cookies set by Mixpanel for tracking website usage. Mixpanel.|
8. Can a User block Cookies?
Most devices and browsers will allow you to erase Cookies from your device’s hard drive, block acceptance of Cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, if you block or erase Cookies, your experience of the Site may be limited. Please note that unless you block the acceptance of Cookies, the Site will utilize Cookies upon your use of the Site (all unless it is required by applicable law to provide a separate consent to use such Cookies, and in which case we will use such Cookies only after we receive your separate consent to such use and subject to your right to withdraw such consent at any time). If you want to remove previously stored Cookies, you can manually delete the Cookies at any time. However, this will not prevent the Site from placing further Cookies on your device unless and until you adjust your settings as described above.
For detailed instructions regarding the blocking of Cookies, please refer to your browser ‘help’, ‘tool’ or ‘edit’ section or see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Below are links to instructions regarding the blocking of Cookies on commonly used web-browsers:
9. Opting out of performance Cookies
It is possible to opt-out of having your browsing activity within the Site recorded by performance Cookies. Please note that we use Google Analytics as our service provider in order to track Users’ activities on the Site, including by using such service’s persistent Cookies. Google provides a browser-add on which allows users to opt-out of Google Analytics across all websites, which can be downloaded here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
10. Opting out of target advertising Cookies
Please note that if you want to opt out from receiving targeted advertising, this does not mean that you will receive less advertising when you use our Site, but rather that the advertising you see will not be as customized to your interests. You can visit the Internet Advertising Bureau’s consumer advice site at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices, which will provide you further information, a list of all Cookies that are currently set on your device and instruction on how to opt-out of each of them.
12. Have any Questions?